The project is in smooth sailing, it’s been a while I put up an update regarding the system progress so here it is. There is a already a lot of going on with in terms of code, the design has been re-engineered and will be back with the details on a later time. Currently I already logged an estimated 32 hours of work in the project, I know it should be due this month well the effort is different from the actual time line being rendered. Anyways, I am tracking the progress from a spreadsheet created in Google Sheets.
I am listing down the functionalities of the system and from there they obtain a number that will be the reference for all sub functionalities or updates regarding the main function. I am already updated the database, optimizing some tables and fields for faster performance. I already have a few bugs under my sleeve, luckily I already extinguished those bugs. Currently the system already saving information about the students and already have the listing of the existing students. Improvements on this module and changes is still underway, the focus is on the flow of the system first and setting all the necessary variables and information to create a class, assigning teachers and validation if ever there is a need to create a section. Also the capabilities to have an inquiry sheet, this is where the potential students can be saved well virtually they are not enrolled, yet, but they should be in the system already by the time they decided to enroll, the system is readily to activate them as students.
There are a lot of potential in the system, I am not saying it will be great, but it will be awesome.
Up to the next update guys!
Hello WebDevs, it’s been a while that I started this project and I’ve been on and off of the project for the last two weeks. I got off in a very bad momentum but I am slowly doing the project as planned. I alread started coding and I am creating the administration panel template for the project. The screens will be patterned to the template and the body will be the only one changing from time to time or when the user switch pages.
I wanted to have a screenshot of the work so far but it seems there is nothing much to show, but I will share on this blog soon. So far the pages that were created were the template and some forms or will be the entry points of the date needed on the web application.
Exciting times! Probably June will be the best month to launch the initial version. This is for educational purposes for those starting off with PHP. Then we will improve the system as we go along and start another system with different approach, probably with a framework or we start on the bootstrap.
If you are starting off in PHP, maybe you put your views or requests on the comment section.
So it started, the design phase is now on. I started already for the teacher panel and something with the administration panel. It is still a bit bare, I am still putting the contents that make sense. My design skills are still in the hibernation mode so, the detail is a bit off I am hoping to create the body out of it, the whole panel is still out of sync.
As it was defined previously, it will be as simple as a school project. But of course the synchronicity of the contents should be as tight as a drum. It should work as one and look as one. Like any other system the contents should be organized as the data could come from any direction and it is always subject for corrections.
The teacher’s access will have basic panels, the dashboard will have a filter according to the level he/she is handling. It will have so called ‘cards’, that will be grouped by level. The cards will have the number of students on that level and section if there are several. It will also contain the teacher’s schedule id and the status of the grades. The status should be released in every quarter. On that note, there should be no corrections done or it will be requested to admin that will have adjustments on the grades.
Watch out for my next post so I can write about the admin panel.